5/26/2002

ESPN.com - MLB - Recap - Reds at Braves - 05/26/2002

The Braves won, but so did the Mets, and New York remains a game up. Still, it was a productive weekend, as the Braves moved into sole possession of second place and to two games above .500, all by winning a series from a first-place team. The sorry lineup scored seven runs (Lockhart with a three-run homer), but I wouldn't be too happy with that; I don't think they're going to do that very often.

The AP story I link here (which may change) shows how oddly high the standards are for Greg Maddux. It says he "struggled through 5 2/3 innings" but that's not really accurate. He had a shutout going into the sixth, then ran out of gas. That's [I have no idea what I wrote after this. It's lost now, some sort of glitch I guess. MT, 6/22/2002]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home